below are quotes from some reviews we've come across about "heima" and "hvarf-heim".
- q ***** "as moving as it is magical... sigur rós have re-invented the rock film"
- empire **** "so beautiful it's hypnotic... one of the most beautiful audiovisual experiences of the year"
- total film ***** "heartfelt and moving"
- the guardian **** "i was utterly captivated by this documentary..."
- the times **** "delivers a sensual balm of music, space and place that is hypnotic."
- time out **** "provides an atypically intense and enormously pleasurable experience."
- los angeles times "more art-house movie than concert rockumentary."
- the irish times "sigur rós are arguably the best band in the world today."
- the harvard crimson "even though the film has little plot, meaning and emotion floor every scene."
- pitchfork "stupidly gorgeous... don't be surprised if you stumble out of the theater with tear-striped cheeks."
- the observer "the resulting film is much like the band: relentlessly quirky, but often staggeringly beautiful."
- gigwise.com "a work of startling genius and beauty"
- dvd magazine "a muscial tour-de-force"
- mail on sunday ***** "utterly entrancing, wholly captivating"
- monocle "the result is a beautiful, spellbinding exercise in keeping it simple"
- record collector "heima is an aural treat"
- times knowledge "ravishing landscape cinematography is intercut with band interviews and devastating live footage"
- uncut "ravishing landscape cinematography is intercut with band interviews and devastating live footage"
- laist.com "he single most intimate, aesthetically appealing music documentary this year"
- variety "unique sounds and images should beguile the uninitiated as well as fans"
- dcist.com "a feast for both the eyes and the ears"
- mojo **** "whatever is behind sigur ros's ineffable nordic magic, it doesn't appear to be powered by electricity."
- nme 7/10 "shows [sigur rós] standing in their own unique sonic space."
- q *** "you'd probably expect hvarf-heim to be a cd version of heima. you'd be wrong."
- guardian *** "tv producers should be rubbing their hands with glee."
- 247 **** "sparse, poignant gravitas"
- boyz ****
- the evening standard **** "mostly gorgeous"
- seven **** "if you've previously found the band too arty and precious, simple, honest tracks such as vaka or agaetis byrjun might change your mind"
- the sunday express ****
- the word one of the world's most ear-ticklingly innovative bands.
- times knowledge *** "if you've previously found the band too arty and precious, simple, honest tracks such as vaka or agaetis byrjun might change your mind"
- uncut "plain gorgeous"
- wired magazine "as epic as ever... entrancing"
- the onion av club "the band's music is as beautiful just gliding as it is red-lining"
- pitchfork media "brings out a beauty that was only previously hinted at"
- seattle post intelligencer "enthralling and majestic rock marches that fall somewhere between heart-stopping and inspirational"
- kansas city star "celestial, operatic anthems that sound expressed from a place beyond heaven"
- forth wort star telegram "ranks among the band's best work"